Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ho Hum - Still Waiting...38 Weeks 6 Days

On Monday the doctor told me I was 2cm dilated and completely effaced. He asked if I wanted to have a baby this week, and I said YES! But when he said "hold on, let me call over there" and came back offering to induce me Wednesday morning, I realized it wasn't about mind over matter! So...that would have been today - like, right now. It was a little tempting - he described my cervix as "ripe" and thus the pitocin would likely not lead to a c-section. Also, we would really like him to deliver for us and he is leaving for vacation tomorrow for 10 days (sailing with 6 other dudes on a catamaran in the Virgin Islands).

But a natural birth is important to me and us, so we said no, thus I am blogging instead of pushing! The baby will probably stay in until he gets back anyway...

Doc is funny - we talked about natural ways to induce labor and he mentioned a small Danish study that was interesting...

I am considering going to Ikea today. I think I can go by myself...Ikea+Kat+Cilton+me on Monday made the baby room super cute+beautiful. I have a few things to return and I will buy an office chair for the home office. This folding chair with folded blankets for padding is not cutting it!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Hi Stephanie:

I'm so glad I found your blog.
Just in time for baby!