Saturday, September 25, 2010


Well, this is a huge jump since my last post, but I just wrote a good letter to my uncle that summarizes stuff Owen is doing these days. Here is an excerpt from the letter:

Regarding the road trip in July (7-15-10), we stopped in Spanish Fort, Alabama for my first night out of Texas since Owen was born. My uncle gave me his master bedroom with a huge, soft, king bed, a ceiling with mirrors, and a bathroom. Owen was still sleeping with me in the bed at this time. The mirrors were key because I could just open my eyes and look up to check on Owen!

"...I think your bed is my favorite bed to sleep in. I was pretty nervous at the start of our trip - not knowing what to expect, resistant to hurrying, shaky new mom away from home..."

"...Owen is starting to eat solid foods (yay!) and is on the verge of crawling. He gets up on his hands and knees and oscillates back and forth, but still uses his face to accomplish any distance. When we visited 2.5 months ago, he was aching to roll over. And I remember he said "no" for the first time! He now makes sounds like "mum" and "nee" and "moo" these days..."

No comments: